Hello! I've been a bit sporadic with blogging recently, if I'm honest I'm struggling to find the motivation to sit down and write - I do have a couple of ideas floating around in my head but I haven't really been in the mood to actually type them up. I think every blogger goes through these periods where they don't feel that interested in blogging, and I'm sure it will pass soon so just bear with me!
I thought an easy post for me to ease myself back into things was a "what I've been doing lately" update, so here's a little peek at the photos I've taken over the last few weeks and the stories behind them.
If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen a couple of these photos before - they are from my Auntie's 70th birthday party up in Aberdeen last month. What a fun day this was - we started off with champers at my cousins house before getting in a surprise limo into town where we had afternoon tea at a hotel. Then it was back to the house for a bbq which lasted into the night. I love taking trips up to Aberdeen to visit this side of my family - when I was a kid we used to go up once a year, so it feels a bit like a second home. My sister and I snuck off at one point for a play in the park, a proper trip down memory lane! I vlogged some of the weekend actually so if you want to see more check out this video on my Youtube channel.
1) How AMAZING does this dessert look?? It's a sundae with salted caramel ice cream, peanuts and popcorn - although unfortunately you'd have to go all the way to Paris to recreate it, as I got it from Market by Jean-Georges whilst over there for a meeting a few weeks ago. Sooooo good!
2) A cute wee lunchtime picnic with my pal Lianne, which you can read all about in my post here. I still haven't had a chance to take my picnic blanket out since though as the weather has been so bad. Rain rain rain every day. Boooooo to wet summers! Oh actually, that reminds me - if you haven't started watching Wet Hot American Summer on Netflix then you must. Start with the original film, then move onto the new TV show prequel. Amy Poehler, Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper and more in a brilliantly weird summer camp parody. Do it!!
3) and 4) More fun with friends - this was a delightful little dinner party with some of my blogger pals at Gillian and Laura's flat. They went all out with an amazing 3 course meal in a Pinterest worthy setting (flowers in glass bottles, washi taped napkins, cocktails with paper straws). The star of the show was undoubtably the 2 desserts (yep that's right - 2!) - creme brûlée and pavlova - both were absolutely delicious. Good job gals!
For our work summer event this year we split into teams and took part in a treasure hunt around Edinburgh. It was a lot of fun - the highlights being taking a spin on the big wheel, accosting random tourists for photos, drinking shots of Sambuca at 3pm, and being photobombed by another team whilst taking photos with the door staff at The Balmoral. My team ended up winning which was a nice bonus (we did have the MD in our team, so we probably had a slight advantage!). Our prizes were cinema vouchers, so I used mine today going on my first ever solo cinema trip (to see Jurassic World). I felt like such a grown up.
1) and 2) I took a trip down to Cliveden House last week for a work visit. The house and the grounds are absolutely stunning, so I love getting to have a wander round, especially on a beautiful sunny day.
3) Before flying home from London I did a little bit of duty free shopping as it will probably be the last time I'm at an airport before the wedding and there's a few things I wanted to get. I was mainly looking for perfume and Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, as I'd heard duty free was the cheapest place to get it. I was successful on the perfume front (after smelling literally EVERY perfume Jo Malone have, I settled on Pomegranate Noir), but left without the Advanced Night Repair as it was actually really expensive. The cheapest they had was a 50ml bottle for £57.50, but I had a quick Google on my phone and discovered that several sites had it for £50 so I ended up buying it from Debenhams the next day (it was down to £45 for the 30ml in the sale, bonus!).
4) We had a bit of an office disaster this week, coming in on Thursday morning to find it raining from the ceiling due to a dislodged pipe on the floor above. Thanks to the leak the electrics in our kitchen and bathroom area were off on Thurs/Fri which meant I had to go out and buy torches so we could still use the toilets. Peeing by torch light was an experience. It felt like we were camping.
So that's what I've been up to for the last 6 weeks or so - July seems to have completely flown by, how is it August already?! I know I keep mentioning it all the bloody time, but I get married in 7 weeks now….7 weeks! Jesus Christ.