Welcome to my new-look monthly summary! Last year I tried to do weekly updates but some weeks I had like zero pictures to share or nothing remotely interesting happened and I felt like I was writing up a post for the sake of it, not because I actually had anything to say. So this year I've decided to do a monthly life update instead and have split it into little sections so I can cover things I've been up to, Films/TV shows I've been watching, books I've been reading, music I've been listening to, etc.
I hope you like this new format - let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to include here (or if any bits are really not interesting at all!).
|NYE | lunch | shopping | sick day | face | Khublai Khan | new headphones | ice skating|
This month I....
- had a quiet New Years Eve with DVDs, homemade cookies, candles, cider, and slanket cuddles
- enjoyed a catch up lunch with my lovely friend Michael who was over visiting from Paris for Christmas
- spent a bit too much in the January sales
- joined Weight Watchers and kicked off the new healthy diet and exercise regime
- ate springbok, kangaroo and ostrich at a Mongolian BBQ on a cinema date night with B
- went ice skating for the first time in about 10 years (and didn't fall once!)
- Been to the cinema twice - Pitch Perfect (pretty good) and then Django Unchained (awesome)
- Breaking Bad (been getting this on DVD from Lovefilm - halfway through s4 now)
- Utopia (can catch up on 4OD if you haven't been watching this - it's amazing)
- Borgen (have been Sky+ing series 2 and slowly catching up)
- American Horror Story 2: Asylum (soooo good - just got the finale left to watch)
I've been listening to....
- The Pitch Perfect soundtrack
- Come For Me (feat Gustaph) by Moonlight Matters
- Losing You by Solange
- Pretty Girl by Stockholm Syndrome
I've been reading....
- A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin (book 2 in the Game of Thrones series)
- The Hell of it all by Charlie Brooker (collection of his Guardian columns from a few years ago)
Blog stats fun
My most viewed posts this month were:
- January Haul: Primark & Topshop
- Jelly Button Jewellery
- Golden Globes Best Dressed
- Extracts #1: Sep '96
And finally, the strangest search terms used to find my blog this month were "how long does Primark sell Christmas slippers" and "how to draw on a sheep nose fancy dress".
How was your January? Remember to let me know what you think of the new format! :)